View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

araorun HB User
My mom died of colon cancer in 3 days

i am just at loss.

my mother died 4/23/11. she went into the ER with massive abdominal fluid and pain. they drained the fluid the next day, and made plans to move her to hospice within 24 hours of her ER admittance. they said she was in stage 4 colon cancer that had spread certainly to her liver and she was also renal failure.

my mom specifically did not seek medical treatment. she'd been losing weight over the past 2 years, but nothing drastic til the past few months. she was walking around in the grocery store the 3 days before she went to the hospital. she did not treatment, not even knowledge. she told her PCP to not test her or tell her she needed to be tested for anything. she wanted nature to take its course.

my grandmother had colon cancer in her 80s and took chemo and survived. it's obviously a strong fam history.

she went to the ER weds night, she was unresponsive by 3 am saturday morning and had passed at 230pm saturday.

she had time to sign her advanced directive and she was very very much lucid and awake until very early Friday.

has anyone ever seen anything like this?

does anyone know the relation, if any, between colon/liver cancer and renal failure?

and, i'm 29. how early can i have my first colonoscopy?

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: araorun
FEBRUARY 14 (05-30-2011), JuneBob (05-12-2011), Sandra49 (05-03-2011)