View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Do you think in words or pictures?

I think I automatically do whatever the situation calls for. When reading a novel, half the enjoyment comes from picturing people, places and whatever action is going on. The same goes for listening to stories on the radio. If I sit and think about friends, I will see a picture of them. But the name is there too.

However, as I sit here answering this question on the computer, I must think in words. I have to put thoughts into words. So it seems that I have the ability to switch back and forth as the situation requires.

I'm ambidextrous. I throw a ball with my left hand but I write with my right hand. I was very interested in art and poetry (music, painting and writing) in my younger years but I went on to get a degree in business.

So, as far as how I think, I don't see any limitations. I do both. I think in words and pictures. Whether I'm good at it or not, that's another story. :-)