View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
(female)

2tees HB User
coping with being teased

I am obese and the mom of a wonderful little 7 year old boy. Each day I walk him to and from school its about a mile walk each day. I do this to try and make effort in my life and hope that one day I can walk a little longer.
Recently , children in the school began calling me names pertaining to my weight issues. When I stand there afterschool waiting they yell things to me and make fun of me. I cannot see who they are. They are up a few floors peering from a window that only opens a small amount. they yell and duck.
I spoke with a teacher about it privately who said she would make the upstairs staff aware as this should not be happening.
Still I feel like crap when I go now. I feel like a big circus freak and I even feel like crying. I have been taking it for a while because I fear if I retaliate my son will somehow pay for this in the long run but I am so embarrassed by this. Other parents who hear/see it do nothing, sometimes even chuckle along.
I suffer from severe hypothyroidism which is still in the process of being properly diagnosed for the appropriate synthroid dose.
I just don't know what to do. I have to get my son, but I cannot take the abuse from these kids. After so many times I feel I am at my breaking point and just want it to end but I do not know what approach to take.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: 2tees
BethyGirlie (10-05-2011), Mulchie (06-26-2011), solofelix (04-28-2011)