View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 05:43 AM   #5
(female)

bunz50 HB Userbunz50 HB Userbunz50 HB Userbunz50 HB User
Re: Long acting dilaudid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruko4 View Post
Again like I said before, Hydromorphone, and Oxymorphone give great relief and are very potent through iv or injection at the hospital given right dosage. But orally they are poorly absorbed. I find dilaudid and also Hydromorphcontin (hydrmorphone) to be awful and we did raise the doses pretty high. The oral bioavailability is just very low especially with Oxymorphone, but also some what with Hydromorphone.

Hi ruko4, my Dr recently(Mar/31) changed me from Oxycodone 5/325 1-2 every 4 hrs and put me on Hydromorphone 2mg 1 every 6 hrs. Well I wished I had seen this posted a month ago, my question to you is do you think the 4mg would work better, doc will not up the oxy to 10's (was on oxys since 2006) he is strict when it comes to narcotics, but he understands my pain and will try and help me out, or would you suggest something else?
Just to let you know some history, I had a 3 level ACDF C4-C7 with titanium plate and screws which was not successful, since C3-4 has herniated and I have osteophytes at C4-5,5-6 and C6-7, cervical stenosis,etc... Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, L2,3-4-5 are herniated/ bulging, I have a lot of chronic pain issues and hate to pop pills all the time, I have been on a waiting list for about 1 year for pain Doc, few in my area of Ontario.
Thanks for any assistance.
Bunz