View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE, please explain???

Fibro, I felt effects quickly, then quite a bit by 2-3 months. Since then, I've been on a plateau. I still hurt & get tired episodically, but to subtantially lesser degrees than before. I'm actually more weather-sensitive now, but that may also be age (I'm 11 years older now). Best of all, some of my worst problems completely disappeared (migraines, chronic urinary & GI problems, neuro-like tingling, anemia).

I imagine Prednisone gave you a bigger "boost". I never took it, so I never got to compare the effects of Prednisone vs. Plaquenil. That may explain the sense of let-down you're feeling...?

Plaquenil is definitely supposed to help inflammation. If it's not helping fast enough, you could discuss with new rheumatologist. Maybe he'll consider a slightly stronger dose of steroids, or maybe suggest that you augment Plaquenil with just OTC NSAID's. Why not call his office & ask? Beats being msierable! Wishing you faster improvement, Vee