View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Not sure if this is Neurological or not but Creepy Crawly Skin Sensations

My primary doctor said my nerve sensations might be from my fibromyalgia. I also had low b-12 but with injections, it has reached back to normal, and it's not helpful with the nerve sensations. What your experiencing is tingling and yes you are posting in the right place. It can be caused by exposure to chemicals such as cancer treatments, alcoholism, or a side effect of some medications. It can be the result of kidney or liver failure, infectious disease or nutritional deficiencies especially B vitamins. It can also be due to diabetes, multiple sclerosis, or a connective tissue disease. Your spine can cause it if you have pinched nerves, but widespread, it's likely due to something else. If I was you, I'd ask the doctor for a blood test to check your vitamin level, do some ANA testing, a sugar test, and a brain MRI, or I'd ask for a referral to a neurologist, which is what you need.

The Following User Says Thank You to neveragain444 For This Useful Post:
ceo44 (05-04-2011)