View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
(female)

Flat HB User
Re: Acne sufferer for 12 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by euoaj View Post
I knew I was going through puberty when I received my first pimple on my chin in 3rd grade. Now I regret popping it because it left a huge scar on my chin that's still there as of today. Over the years my acne gone from bad to just plain ugly. Not only did I have it on my face but it was on my back too. My acne was so horrible that it started to affect my social life. As the years went on I started to get the bad benefits of acne. My acne left horrible scars and since my skin is so sensitive I started to get acne acid. I hated high school, it seemed as if all the girls there had perfect skin I mean literally just perfect.

So I started my journey to get clear skin and it seemed like nothing worked. I tried going to a dermatologist, expensive brands, television brands, celebrity brands, over the counter brands, homemade brands and the more I try things the more I realized nothing worked and my confidence in my skin & self started to go down. Now I'm very excited because i'm hoping to find a cure and not a solution for acne sufferers. Wish me luck!!!!!!!
I share your excitement and want to wish you the best of luck! I’m new to this board and am encouraged by the caring community one can meet here. I suffered from acne from my late teens to early thirties and am still prone to the occasional zit caused by unhealthy diet, stress or lack of sleep. (For these I use a topical antibiotic and endure.) Dermatologists prescribed antibiotics and hormone treatment, which helped, but affected my general health – headaches, bad digestion.
For me the answer was definitely in the holistic approach and the acne was only the symptom of what was wrong inside. I received advice from many sources and am still learning. I hope with you that you will be cured soon.