View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
(male)

Trivzy HB User
Help Me Diagnose My Chronic Fatigue!

I can tell from brief research that it's a very multi faceted symptom that can be caused by a lot of different issues. I'm posting this in hopes of getting advice so I can diagnose the cause and start to feel better. Thanks for the help in advance.

I should probably start by mentioning that I'm an 18 year old male who suffers from chronic depression. Took initiative to get medicinal treatment about 3 months ago. Doses are changing around. Currently taking a cocktail of 150mg Wellbutrin and 100mg Zoloft. That's been constant for about a month. Mood is better, however, tiredness (possible symptom of depression or medication?) remains. So started taking 2.5mg of Ambien. But that just makes me more tired.

Consistent sleep ~ 10 hrs. consistent retiring/waking times. Waking up feeling fatigued/groggy.

Feelings of tiredness have been consistent throughout teenage years. Just now that other depression symptoms have lessened they're more obvious.

Tried (miserably) coping with caffeine. >500mg per day. 3-5 cups coffee in the morning plus multiple iced teas later on in the day. Tried lessening that. Just no feelings of stimulus. Only tiredness.

I might add that I have been moderately/heavily physically active for last two years. Cycle 4+ days a week & rock climb 1-2 days per week. (Perhaps overtraining?) Tried cutting down intensity/frequency. No avail. I recently came to terms with the fact that I use exercise as another stimulus.

Constant Weight. 12% Bodyfat. Diet could be better. Lots of whole grains and proteins. 1-2 fruits daily. 1 or so serving of vegetables daily. Possible food allergies to dairy or wheat?

Live in sunny California. Still possible to have Vitamin D deficiency?

In brief, do you guys recommend any helpful tests? -- electrolyte balances/thyroid function/etc. Or have you found them primarily wastes of time &/ inconclusive?

Thanks for the help!
- Puzzled and Jaded.