View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
(female)

kaka8255 HB User
PTSD and health issues

Hi, I recently found this board and think this is a great resource for people who are struggling with PTSD. I've had it for years and was officially diagnosed 10 years ago. I've been active in domestic violence education and have many friends that have also had childhood trauma just as I've had. I've noticed a trend that people with childhood trauma/long term PTSD seem to have similar health problems like fibro, migraine's, chronic infections, ADHD, and chronic health problems that doctor's can't seem to diagnose.

I brought this up to my counselor one day and she said that this is common and that the medical field isn't really sure why this happens but they are real illnesses and not "all in our heads". I'm just interested in knowing if any of you have "mysterious illnesses" or had problems getting a diagnosis for a chronic condition? I had severe health/sleeping problems years ago and was off of work for 9 months and now I'm having severe health/sleeping problems again for the past 4 months and can't get a diagnosis.