View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Nutrition suggestions needed-changing my eating habits

^ I agree! I love making healthy shakes! I find that it might be a little more expensive to buy what you need at the beginning, but you will be well stocked to make shakes/smoothies for a while. I buy a large container of whey protein powder (the kind I buy isn't that expensive - around $20 - but some are much more) which has a lot of servings. Then I buy various frozen berries and other fruits. All I need to add is some skim milk! If I'm wanting something very sweet, I'll add a packet of crystal light (I just try to not have too much artificial sweetener). If I'm out of milk, I can make the shakes with water, but they aren't as filling and seem like more of a snack. I especially find the shakes good for breakfast or lunch when there isn't time to prepare or buy a full meal. I also like making a shake with vanilla powder, a banana, large spoonful of peanut butter! It's like a dessert since it's so good