Thread: OCTOBER MOMS
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 03:47 PM   #3
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
I'm checking in pretty regularly. It's great to hear that you're all doing well. Ally and Aev, I know how anxious you are to meet your babies. It won't be long now. Heaven, glad the fruit fixed the constipation problem. I would have been worried too.

I'm doing really good, but still a bit sleep deprived. Jordan is a good sleeper once he's down, but we have trouble getting him to fall asleep at night. He's a little bit collicky at that time, so we've had some late nights. But once he's asleep he'll go for five or six hours straight. We've been getting to sleep around 4am and then sleeping until noon (I'll usually wake him a couple of times for feedings). Luckily my DH has a month of paternity leave. I honestly don't know how I would do it alone. By the time he has to go back to work I'm sure I'll be used to it.

I've been breastfeeding and it's going okay. Although I've had some trouble with latching and have ended up with some very sensitive nipples. I'm really determined to make this work, though, so I'll be going to a lactation consultant tomorrow. She should be able to help me fix things.

Everything else is fabulous though. I've really taken to motherhood and am totally in love.

Take care!