View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: I need help please! 2 MRI's, something isn't right...

Get the films yourself and take them to your doctor, preferably an orthopedist with lots of back expertise. (The whole films, not just the report.) MRIs get misread all the time, reading them is a very subtle process. Your doctor, with your symptoms and history in front of him, might be better equipped to read the film than a radiologist who doesn't know you from Adam.

A few months ago, I fell and hurt my knee. Got an x-ray at the hospital, they said it was fine. Went to an orthopedist, who took his own x-ray and found a small fracture. It was subtle and hard to see, but he found it immediately, because he also examined ME. Because the faint irregularity on the film was in the EXACT spot where I had the most pain and bruising, he could tell it was probably a real fracture.

The other possibility is that they mixed up your film with someone else's, which is unlikely but tough to rule out for sure.