View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

Lith HB User
Is it Fibro? Recently Diagnosed, still very confused

[RIGHT]Hey everyone This is my first post here and I look forward to meeting people with similar health issues.

Here's my story:

I'm 21 years old and have been experiencing a long list of symptoms for at least the past three years. My symptoms became obvious right after a period of drug abuse and eating disorders in my teens, although I'm sure I could have had these problems to some degree my entire life.

I've been to so many doctors and have had so many tests done. My thyroid is normal, my vitimin levels are normal, my immune system function is normal, my liver and kidney function is normal, I had an ultrasound of my kidneys, liver etc. all normal, I don't have STDs/STIs, and all the major autoimmue disorders have been ruled out (such as lupus, celiacs, MS, etc.) Everytime I go to a new doctor its always the same thing. They run a whole bunch of tests and then tell me that they can't help me because I appear to be fine. The most recent doctor I saw said that is was most likely Fibro, which he said is a term doctors use when they can't find the source of the symptoms. The doctor suggested that I continued to do my own research in preparation for the internist I'm seeing in a month, but he didn't seem confident that the internist will find anything. I guess its good to finally have some direction, but I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with the diagnosis of Fibro.

If anyone can relate to my symptoms or give me some advice, it'd be hugely appreciated!

Here are my symptoms:
-Mouth sores, sometimes sores in *other* places (tested negative for herpes virus)
-Hair gets dry, brittle, and sheds excessively. I have about 1/4 of the hair I had three years ago.
-Cysts on my scalp and gums (not sure if this is related?)
-Chronic yeast infections
-physical shakiness and anxiety
-Fatigue (wake up tired, can barely get through a normal day of school/work)
-intolerance to cold
-Brain fog/difficulty focusing/horrible memory. Sense of detachment from self.
-Difficulty working out due to fatigue (I get dizzy, lightheaded, skin cold and clammy). When its really bad I can barely walk for more then 10-15 min at a time due to pain and fatigue.
-dizziness
-Muscle pain and stiffness all over, especially after working out or after not moving for a period of time. Pain often seems to be more present in upper shoulder, lower back, behind the knees, inner thighs, torso. Pain subsides with stretching.
-IBS and occasional cramping.
-reoccurring multiple cysts on my lips, gums and scalp. They start out as really sore patches on my skin then develop into a cyst within two weeks. Right now I have like 3 cysts on my scalp and one on my gums. G

I think that's everything. Anyway, any advice or suggestions as to what I should ask the internist to look for would be hugely apprecaited.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Lith; 05-26-2011 at 10:15 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Lith
caribear (05-25-2011), monalisa24 (05-24-2011)