View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User
Re: I need help please! 2 MRI's, something isn't right...

Yes, MRIs get missread all the time. Show one MRI to ten experts and you will get some differences from each. Xrays and scans do get mixed up at times, that and DNA, but mostly on "The young and the restless" and others of that ilk! Now, If I had a MRI done on my spine it would show facet arthritis, many degenerated discs, spikes of bone into my spinal chord, stenosis and more. I rarely get any pain and have full spinal movements. An MRI should never be looked at until after an examination is completed and a diagnosis is confirmed. The truth is that often the diagnosis is DDD or facet or something which means they are not quite sure but you have to tell the patient something.
Failed back surgery is not often failed back surgery but a failure to get the right level, it may be the level that was worst looking on a scan was not the culprit. The cure for that is do multiple levels of course and you cant miss. How long have you had this condition and what real treatment have you had.
James