View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
(female)

Lith HB User
Re: Is it Fibro? Recently Diagnosed, still very confused

@Monalisa thanks for the supporting words It sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I take probiotics daily which seem to alleviate some of my yeast symptoms. I also try to eat yogurt as often as I can for the same reason. I try to eat high-fiber cereal everyday, too. Eliminating lactose, gluten, and soy seems to have helped a lot with the IBS, but I still ha?ve problems. For the depersonalization and memory issues, have you tried seeing a therapist? I'm making an appointment tomorrow, hopefully she'll be able to help me improve some of the mental aspects of this illness.

@BrooklynGirl Thank you so much for your response. I'm sorry you were misdiagnosed. I was originally misdiagnosed with a wheat sensitivity and spent almost a year not eating gluten, all the time wondering why nothing was improving. I know that through my own research, many diseases are difficult to diagnose and (like you said) require more to be done, like a biopsy. The problem my doctor had was that all my blood tests came back normal and so he had no direction, no idea where to even start. He said that if it was autoimmune "sign posts" (or indicators) would have shown up in my blood work, but they didn't. Everything always appears fine, even though I feel awful. I also try and avoid taking meds, mainly because I don't even know what's wrong with me to begin with, and also because I'd rather treat the pain naturally (with supplements, yoga, stretching, etc) instead of taking painkillers all the time (they rot your stomach!!)

I don't seem to have any rashes, except these tiny bubble things that show up randomly (only one at a time) on my skin then dissapear in about a week. I'm not sure if they mean anything.

My search for answers continues

Last edited by Lith; 05-24-2011 at 09:34 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lith For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (05-25-2011)