View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB User
stories from PM...........

while working for a very busy orthopaedic surgeon; i started to notice this one patient constantly in our office-it was a huge office with on site PT Dept, on site PCP physician and 6 exam rooms each for the 2 docs-anyhow this pt would show up constantly with a "question" for the doctor. he would somehow get past front desk to the interior of the office-and i noticed that he would always want to use the phone and then he would leave-one day i happened to be in a supply rm rite next to where this pt would go to use phone-and i heard him calling in vicoden es in for himself!!!! i could not believe it-so after he left this time i informed dr and he contacted the pharmacy documented in this pt chart-he was actually using his same pharmacy that we had on record and had called himself in narcotic and benzo rx's for about the past 7 mos. this time when he went to pick up his pills the police were waiting for him! Unbelievable and pathetic.