View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
(female)

vicariousbliss HB User
Re: Contact dermatitis? Eczema? I need help !

Thanks for the reply. (: But if it really is atopic eczema, don't you find it strange that I went through my whole childhood never displaying any symptoms, and all of a sudden it just starts acting up? :/ I don't know, it just seems peculiar to me. Also, I do get hives, almost every day. Like this evening for instance, I was so itchy EVERYWHERE. It was really weird. I also had hives and little bumps all over my legs. I had to take a Benadryl because it was just so bad. I don't know what causes it. But yeah, the eyelid thing doesn't itch.

I think that after I get all this testing done & if it turns out I don't have any allergies, my family doctor and dermatologist will probably go ahead and treat it as atopic eczema. However, I strongly think allergies are a big part of what's going on. I guess I just have to wait and see....

by the way, I was also prescribed hydro cortisone cream last year by a different dermatologist, and it didn't help at all. Not to mention, I don't like the idea of putting steroid cream around my eyes. Do you know what other options of treatment there are for skin inflammation? Maybe something a bit more natural? thanks!