View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
(female)

secretgarden HB User
Smile Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration...

Just an update: I had my bone marrow biopsy today and aspiration. I wanted to encourage anyone who also may be having this done soon. I was kinda stressing about having it done, but everything really went well and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. IV went in first try (: they gave me a sedative to relax me (I was feeling good) lol took me into the surgical room and gave me the IV sedation (milk of amnesia) and bam I was out like a light!... I woke up in the recovery room and was wide awake after that...took a short nap when I got home and a Vicadine and I'm feeling fine. My hip is sore, but the Vicadine helps. If you have the choice go the IV sedation route and ask for some pain meds so you can have them at home if you need to take them. I misunderstood my hematologist he is looking for CML and CLL. Prayerfully when I get my results back in two weeks nothing will show up. Anyways I just wanted to help someone out there who may be really stressing about having the bone marrow biopsy and aspiration. God bless<3

The following user gives a hug of support to secretgarden:
slenderella (10-01-2011)