View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: does heat make your burning hands/feet worse?

hi,
that's a good reason to be there. i have 15 grandkids and thankfully the kids moved closer to me so i can be with them more.
afraid there is not much you can do about the neuropathy. in winter when my foot gets so cold it hurts i warm it with a heating pad or in the hot tub. it helps. in summer i use cold packs and cold water soaks.
hot flashes crack me up. my body gets hot in summer so my foot gets cold. in winter my body gets hot and my foot gets frozen.
my son takes something but he says it does not help much. he has it pretty bad. years of neglecting his body. his choice.
when i was diagnosed i was told there is not much to do except exercise, eat healthy and maintain good blood sugar levels. i went thru a period of having low bs and did not know it. had it checked and it was very low, like 32 overall. no one knows why that happened, it just did. fine now. except the wee footie reminding me.
you just moved. the excitement of winter fun wore off and the humidity is there with bells on. it's baby steps again for you. finding your triggers and adapting.
i do love where i live. i am a california girl born here and never left. saw the rest and love here the best. i have family down santa clara way. used to go there summers when i was a kid 50 years ago. it was so small then.
try not to freak out. you will find a way to relieve it some. not all. it just is.
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
ebakos (06-09-2011)