View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Can't figure out therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie1962 View Post
I called a therapist at my clinic who I thought might help better with PTSD and she told me she could take me as a client so I left a message for my present therapist, who left me a message back telling me "we can talk about your concerns." If he gives me a hard time I guess I will have to talk to his supervisor. This is the first time in 9 years that I have asked to be switched. I will think of me first and continue to try to heal. I have considered switching clinics. I am happy with my decision and think I handled it right. I did not report the therapist to his supervisor and will talk to him personally. We'll see what happens when I see him again in 2 weeks.
Hello Ellie,

Good news indeed.

When do you begin seeing this new therapist?

Does she specialize in PTSD or trauma-related issues?

I tend to view this as the first time in 9 years you decided to look out for you;through proper channels and all.

You should be pleased with yourself for the move forward suggests growth and a desire for more out of life.

One thing's not quite clear; are you going to see both therapists?

Respectfully,
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Ellie1962 (06-10-2011)