View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Can I lose weight with this diet?

Being that you are changing from junk food to better food, you likely will lose some weight. Generally, the healthier the diet the more likely it is that you will be successful. But only time will tell.

I realize that everyone may have a different idea about what constitutes "junk food" or "fast food". But there should be no mistake about such things as ham or frozen Healthy Choice dinners. And I believe most boxed cereals qualify as fast food, (fast food being a polite way of saying junk food). :-)

For lunch I would suggest making a big salad in a big salad bowl. In other words, at least 3 cups full. That's six servings! This will give you a lot of fiber (good for healthy weight control) and other good nutrition/phytochemicals. Your salad could have lettuce (dark leafy greens) tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, celery and avocado, just to name a few possibilities. That's what it takes to maintain a healthy weight, in my opinion. You could even include a half cup of beans. Garbanzo beans are good but almost any type of bean will do. And you could still have your one egg. A good healthy dressing for your salad: Olive oil (one or two teaspoons) and lemon juice (two teaspoons).