View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
(female)

onesweetworld HB User
Calcification of right ovary and chronic pelvic pain, please advise!

Hi, I'm new here!

I'm 24, female, and have an array of symptoms that may not all be related however I figured Id post them anyway and see if someone has had similar symptoms in the past and can offer advice. Thanks in advance!

Symptoms
-Chronic lower abdominal and pelvic pain. I also have pelvic pain when I make a bowel movement. The pelvic pain has been more intense the past week in the right side near the ovary but has begun radiating to my right hip and lower back.
-Dizziness and episodes of blurry vision. My vision has become worse and I feel dizzy often and have trouble walking straight. The dizziness is especially intense when I get up quickly or stand up after sitting for a length of time.
-Fatigue. I feel like I have no energy these days.
-Weight gain of almost 10 pounds over the past two months. I feel like my abdomen and lower half of my body have gotten bigger very quickly and my clothes don't fit the way they used to.
-Recently started feeling full after eating very little. My appetite is very low.
-Shortness of breath for over a month, with little or no exertion. I get winded walking up a flight of stairs. If I bend down to pick something up I have to gasp for air and I feel like there is intense pressure.
-Arm and leg numbness and weakness began a couple of weeks ago. I feel pain in my legs when I'm walking and it feels like it takes a lot of effort. I've experienced tingling in my shoulder radiating down to my hand.
-Palpitations. First episode was over a month ago while sitting at my desk at work. Second was about a week later. Third episode was two weeks ago while in the shower, accompanied by extreme shortness of breath and feeling pressure and pain in my lower abdomen.

Tests
-Internist: Blood tests came back normal except I have a slightly elevated CRP at 1.0 which is a marker of inflammation.
-Cardiologist: I got an EKG and wore a heart monitor for ten days. Turns out I have a trace of mitral valve prolapse but the monitor didn't show anything else that was concerning to the doctor other than that I occasionally have tachycardia. He doesn't know why I'm having shortness of breath.
-Gynecologist: Ordered pelvic/abdominal/transvaginal ultrasounds. Tests came back normal except I have calcification of my right ovary, but no cysts were found.

I'm seeing a neurologist today and am going to make an appointment with a pulmonologist.

I had my period two weeks ago and I took a pregnancy test that was negative. I had a ruptured ovarian cyst on my right ovary about two years ago but I've been on the nuvaring for over three years. I have anxiety but not on a level that would cause these kinds of symptoms, according to my therapist.

Thanks so much for any help or advice you can offer!