View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

meg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB Usermeg1230 HB User
What is still always the same.

Deb...glad the grass is cut...and glad your mom had a good day...sitting out on the porch together watching the cars go by will be one of those simple sweet memories that will be with you for life.

I left a note today to anyone and everyone to please feel free to dress mom with her things on backwards because it would be easier on her. Logic.

She slept again the whole time I was there today. She only ate a portion of her breakfast and lunch and half of her supper. These last few days are the first time the eating situation has changed.

Her aid always calls when she leaves her after supper and told me mom was
awake, though not eating much and then told me that she thought mom was feverish and had the nurse check her ...the nurse did and is now calling out hospice. So, now, what do I do...is a fever reason to rush up there? I guess I don't think so...
Deb?.. any of the rest of you who have gone through the end stage...what do you think? I am going to call up there later to see what the status is. I'll stop up there tomorrow morning to peek in on her for sure before taking my granddaughter home after a week here with us.

So on we go...from one stage to another to another to another.

Love, Meg