View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
(female)

theramses HB User
electric/shock sensation while falling asleep?

I've been having these weird electric/shock sensations occur right when I'm about to fall asleep.

It's hard to describe, but it's like my brain all of a sudden sends an electric current throughout my body waking me up? Could be my brain or my chest, I'm not even sure. All I know is when it happens it scares the crap out of me. I feel like I'm going to die or something.

I don't see any flashes or hear anything; it's just the sensation I feel. I'm not short of breath and my heart only races because it scares me.

They literally just started a week ago. Some nights it will only happen once or twice and I can get to sleep pretty easy. But there have been a couple nights where it happens like, 5 times. Those nights it's super hard to get to sleep because I'm scared, I don't want it to happen because it freaks me out every time. I do fall asleep eventually, but I stay up for hours on end out of fear.

It's weird because when I try to go to sleep for the first time, I'm super tired, but after these shocks happen it's like I'm wide awake after the bad ones. It's just frustrating because I haven't had a great nights sleep since this has started.

I just think it's weird that these have sprang up last week out of the blue? I've gone 22 years without them and they just start randomly? I think they may be related to stress, with me starting a new job, plus this year has been pretty stressful in general for me. But I find it really hard to calm down after it happens.

But anyway, sorry for rambling. Just was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this and any advice for maybe getting rid of them?
Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to theramses:
maui_rayne (08-28-2011)