View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
(female)

mirakhany HB User
Essential Thrombocytosis (high platelets)

I’m 43 years old and was diagnosed with ET 8 Years ago when I was only 35 years old. My platelet were over a million at the time of diagnosed. My doctor put my on Agrylin since then and I have been on the medication for 8 years. I am taking about 3 pills a day and my platelet now are around 400. I wanted everyone to know that my doctor decided to put me on the pills because there was a case of a 40 years old male that had platelet in the million and his doctor decided just to put him on baby aspirin, he had a blood clot on the jobsite in the brain and he died on the spot. If he was on medications, he would have been a live today. I know that there are a lot of risks with taking the medications but why worry about blood clots the can occurs in the brain and will kill you on the spot, it’s not worth the chance. If anyone is still here and want to talk or ask any questions, please feel free.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-27-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: please do not post your personal contact details