View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User
Re: Torn calf muscle (Gastrocnemius) not healing poperly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by film495 View Post
there is no pain. it never hurt. no loss of function. the lump raises when I flex the muscle so I guess it is muscle tissue, but also wonder if it is a blood clot or something. the dent in the heart of the muscle is so similar to your pics I wonder if it was just a small muscle pull that I didn't notice or an overuse injury.

I don't know why the pics don't show - I posted them in a new thread also, they seem to be showing there.
So we have a lump which appears in a muscle area and was not caused by injury and never pain. I would think you have a muscle hernia. Muscles have a fascial sheath which encloses the muscle. This sheath maybe weak or deficient and allows the muscle, most likely gastrocnemius, at times soleus, to herniate out. A muscle tear would have been very painfull at he time of injury. I suppose you could have it repaired or maybe strap it up prior to exercise.
James