View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Sjogrens Syndrome Diagnosis and Symptoms

Hi, I have had fibromyaliga for years. My ANA is negative so I was diagnosed with sicca syndrome which some consider another name for sjogren's. My eyes are so dry I use restasis eye drops twice a day and refresh about 6 times a day. Biotene for the dry mouth. My experience is I get dehydrated very easily. This is something rather new to me. If I get hot I panic if I don't have water immediately. I drink so much yet I often cramp up.
Regarding the restless leg, look up magnesium and tonic water. It can really help with the restless leg.
If you have fibromyalgia, you may also have a shortage of seritonon which a small dose of an antidepressent before bedtime can help you get to the deeper stages of sleep. It is common with fibro not to get into deep sleep which is needed in order for muscles and nerves to heal. That can contribute to the muscle pains and aches of fibromyalgia.