View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

Lorraine1 HB User
hard to type on computer

I have a great office job which requires typing 40 hours a week. I have costochondritis and when it flares up, I am in absolute agony after about 2 hours on the computer. This is my job so I don't exactly have a choice. What hurts the most is reaching across the desk repeatedly and believe it or not, scooting back and forth in my chair. (The chair is a nice office chair with wheels and adjustable arms.) I have done all I can about the reaching by having everything as close to me as I can get it, but how can I avoid having to move under the desk and back out to get up? Has anyone else ever experienced this, and if so, does anything help?

I was actually off work for a while a couple years ago because I couldn't take the pain. My doctor thought I was trying to get out of work and there was no reason why I couldn't do an easy office job. He authorized me to be off work for a few weeks, then told my company there was no reason I couldn't go to work. He almost got me fired. Needless to say, he is no longer my doctor, but it doesn't matter because none of them seem to take this disease seriously.