View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Grieving for Mom

I'm so glad you posted here, looking for help and support.
I am so very sorry that your mom passed away. I can understand the doctor not wanting you to medicate- away your grief, because that is something that you have to go through for your own good mental health, but I think that you need to call the doctor again and be clear that you have suicidal feelings. I believe that will change his mind.
You sound like a lovely, normal 25 year old girl. My daughter is actually 25 also and it's a very young age to lose a parent. I am sad for you. The tough thing about other relatives going through grief, like you, is that we have expectations. I hear you are feeling a lot of guilt: about not being able to help Dad as much as he may need, about
maybe wishing that you didn't fight with Mom as much when you were growing up, but I think the guilt is something that, if you can, you should try with the best of your ability to put aside. Your mother loved you and I bet she was so proud. Don't get hung up on guilt and anger. I bet your Mom wouldn't want that for you.
Take care, honey. I'm praying for all of you.

Sue