Thread: Losing Benefits
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #4
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: Losing Benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
The SSA website says>>>>

Even if they have not decided yet if your child is over 18 and still disabled yet, he is still in school fulltime and not 19 years old, correct? Why are they cutting him off if he is still in school (under 19) until they determine if he is still disabled or not. I am sorry you are going thru this mscat.
The later it is getting tonight the more angry and frustrated I am beccoming! my son is going to be 18 on Wenesday. In May of this year social security sent out a form for his teacher to fill out, He was able to walk in the grauation ceremoney even though he did not "graduate" like the other students. He was in a special day class through the county that was on a regular H.S campus. It was a totally different program for severely disabled students. He has been disabled since early childhood , and he even recieved SSI benefits for several years. It was only 4 years ago that social security placed him on my record, so their is a record of him before age 22 I am headed down to the S. S office first thing in the morning which is about an hour away .