View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
(female)

ILoveBasenjis HB User
Unhappy Trying to cope w/my husband's ADHD

Hi everyone,

I am new and I have a question for anyone. My husband was diagnosed with ADHD in college years ago but he never addressed it as suggested by his doctor. I think it has hurt our relationship over the last 10 years because I ended up leaving to live with my sister (hopefully temporary). It was getting too hostile for me. We are both in counceling now and he is being sent by his counselor to see a doctor to get re-eveluated for ADHD and medication.

My question is, "Can he also have SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder) as well?" We aren't living together right now, and are working on getting back together. We visit each other as often as we can, as long as we are getting along. He seems to be SO angry at me all the time, and he has such a low tolerance to stimulas around him especially me. However, he can't stand the sound of my "voice" or any other sounds like throat clearing and breathing. How can this be overcome? I can't change these things and it is breaking my heart to be seperated from him. Do you think the doctor will be able to recognize this condition too? What do I do?

Lonely for my hubby

Last edited by ILoveBasenjis; 08-17-2011 at 12:36 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to ILoveBasenjis:
addprogrammer (08-17-2011)