View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: Trying to cope w/my husband's ADHD

ILoveBasenjis,

To the best of my knowledge your husbands symptoms are not typical of ADHD. However, I believe low tolerance to stimulus is a symptom of Asperger Syndrome. It is not at all uncommon for those with Asperger to have ADHD too.

ADHD medication will improve Asperger symptoms such as low tolerance to stimulus.

Please be advised that I am shooting in the dark at another specific disorder.

I'm fairly certain from a layman's standpoint that other conditions (plus ADHD) are at work in your husband. He needs an overall psychiatric and psychological evaluation to pin point all the factors behind his abnormal behavior. Medical tests may be needed in addition to determine if organic illness exists. Brain tumors, for example, can radically affect a person's thoughts and emotions and present as bizarre behavior.

Look hard for other illnesses and disorders if your husband's current behavior is not typical for him and his history shows little evidence that he has always had a low stimulation tolerance.

Regards,
Bob

The Following User Says Thank You to addprogrammer For This Useful Post:
ILoveBasenjis (08-18-2011)