View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Feeling sorta depressed.

It's a hard thing to do, losing weight. But if you do it now while you are young, you can learn to keep it off and look good.

You said that you are blue. There actually is a reason for that. When you were ating decent and exercising, your body lproduced endorphins that give you that rush and happy feeling. If you aren't eating right-and no offense-but your current diet is far from even marginally good-you body will sort of shut down and leave you feeling blue.

When you were exercising, you may not have lost weight, but you were building muscle mass which weighs more than normal, so that could account for the slow loss. But when you were exercising, you felt great, were losing weight, having a great time and happy.

If I were you, I would get back with your friend and get back to some swimming. It's a great form of exercise and is fun to boot! Start eating better and you will see that that helps also. And ONE last thing. Try to get yourself on a regular schedule where you are going to bed at a decent time and get up at a normal regular time. Eat either three meals of 5 small meals and drink something healthier than red Bull. Those things will let you crash after a several hours and that doesn't help your mood or your diet. And they can be difficult to wean yourself off of them. My son had a terrible time with them.

If you will sit and thing, you will come up with why you are so blue. Try gibing yourslef a second chandce...and don't be hard on yourself, it only makes you feell bad. Make a deal with yourself, write it down and then follow it.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!