View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Squamous cell carcinoma

Not sure what you're asking...natural treatment for the cancer, or natural remedies for the immune system suppression that sometimes happen with chemo?

Do you know what type of chemo he'll be having? I'm surprised that they're only planning 2 chemo treatments. I believe the usual course for this type of cancer is 4-6 treatments, that is, if they use taxol. Can't say for other types of chemo, but I was treated for a cancer that had similarities to both squamous and small cell, and the chemo used was a combination of taxol and carboplatin. But then, I'm only an expert on my own case, lol...so I could be wrong about the number of treatments, especially if they're using some other type of chemo.

As for immune system problems, again I speak only from my own experience, but my white blood counts didn't go so low that treatment had to be delayed, and I didn't catch any colds during the course of the treatment.

Ruth