View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
(male)

Jayson17 HB User
Re: I'm worried that I might have brain cancer or a brain tumor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
what makes you think you have brain cancer or a tumor?
what symptoms do you have?
Well, I just keep getting this weird feeling like I'm confused and I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm just worried that there's something wrong with my brain that's causing this weird confused feeling. I also once heard that cancer makes you weak, and I've been feeling tired in the middle of the day even though I've had a good nights sleep. I also got a headache yesterday (probably just a coincidence that I'm sick) and for the last 2 days, I've occasionally had a slight nausea feeling (not close to vomiting, just a slight feeling of discomfort). I don't know, I guess I'm just scaring myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john30332 View Post
i am no doctor but; as someone who has had a brain tumor (actually with reoccurances, i've had several) what you are describing is not cancer - it is being a teenager.
if you are still that worried about it you could go to a doctor, who will send you to a neurologist, who may order a scan for you. in addition to costing lots of time and money that process may actually leave you with an unnecessary scan (i.e. exposure to radiation). brain cancers almost always are accompanied by swelling of the brain (sever headaches). in my case i had lose of certain motor functions (walking, talking, vision), unexplained weight changes and headaches to the point of vomitting. like i say, i am no doctor; but that is what i would look for in a brain tumor patient.
Well, about 6 months ago, I did have this problem with stuttering when trying to say certain words that start with c (ex. can, come). Other than that though, I don't have any other symptoms that you mentioned.