View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
(female)

FunFamily HB User
Angry Can anyone answer questions on MRSA please

Last night I had a call from the doctor to say that i had to get some antibiotics as I have MRSA. I need to know am I infectious. This aparently is the third time I have tested positive, although I was never told about the previous times. Two of my family were pregenant around the time i had it previously, and both of them miscarried, is this down to being my fault. I want my 81 year old mother to come and stay, but need to know she is going to be safe. Community Nurses come in three times a week and have done for the three years that i have had wounds from operatins that won't heal up. I remove the dressings in the morning, when I soak in a bath with a capful of Hibbi Scrub. I then put gause over both wounds until Nurse comes to do the dressings. I am so sorry this is a long post, I ramble when i am worried, and by heck I am worried. I have 2 year old comes and sees me regular, i have family living at home, and 81 yr mother that likes to come and stay for weeks at a time, I have friends I see regular and they are diabetics, are all these people safe....Is there any rules i should be following...I have been told nothing!!!