View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
(male)

someoldbloke HB User
Red face will i ever stop coughing !!

after 54 years of good health and active life ie running 10ks , cycling and general hard work , i have found myself plagued by throat problems. last winter we had horrendous weather here and as a country postman i continued working through christmas period with terrible cold /flu ( i am of the generation that wouldn,t like to let people down ) and since then i have been down to the quack more times than the rest of my life. i feel a bit of a fraud as a times i feel fine but if i cough once i,m off for hours sometimes i,ll cough for 5 hours only stopping when i,m so tired i just get dissy and so short of breath that i nearly pass out. i have had all the usual checks for asthma and am not allergic to any of the usual triggers but rather seem to present the same symptoms as asthma . i would agree with my doctors that i have hypersensitive throat and lungs , a course of penicillin as a last attempt to kill any infection seems to have finially stopped the annoying tickle feeling in my throat and i am taking brown ( steroid inhalor ) twice in the morning and twice at night . thankfully while these measures have alleviated coughing fits . i seem to still be producing too much phlem and feel as so i need to clear my throat all the time , worse through the night and in the morning but if i try to use an expectorant it just rips my throat to bits and i,m back to square one again !!
my dear wife is non stop bringing lemon and honey drinks ,sweets etc but this has been going on for nearly 9 months and its really getting me down now , so has anyone any ideas that could help me ,cheers ma dears