View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #4
(female)

maui_rayne HB User
Re: electric/shock sensation while falling asleep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Could be myclonic jerks. They're scary but harmless, and stress can make it happen more often.

Thank you Jane for your reply, but I have had myclonic or hypnic jerks before and this is far more terrifying.... This is something all together different. It is not the feeling like I am falling and I jerk awake. This is very hard to describe and no one seems to understand..not even the DR.'s. I am going crazy.

This feels like I am dying and my body sends a signal to restart my heart.... I don't "jerk" from it. It is a sensation radiating from my chest area kinda like an electric pulse or buzz...that instantly wakes me up. I feel as if my heart stopped and I take a deep breath from pure fear. This happens over and over and over each time I am just drifting off to sleep. I can see how many people could say "hypnic jerk or myclonic jerk...or even sleep apnea....but this is something far more intense and terrifying. I have found a few people on here who are describing the same thing or very similar. I am waiting to see if they reply.

But I thank you very much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.