View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
(female)

Daniiella HB User
Ringing Ears after an ear infection

Hi guys,

I caught a light flu Mid August and a couple days later I had blocked ears like there was pressure in it and my left ear started ringing. I have been to see a few doctors and I was told that my ear has cleared after taking a dose of antibiotics and ear drops.

It has been over 2 weeks now and the doctors say that my infection has gone from what they can see but the ringing in my ear is very LOUD and persistent (high pitch screech). I haven't been coping with the situation at all because of the level of sound it's making and I am now on anti-depressants.

I am having panic attacks, anxiety and even depression because of this. I haven't been able to eat and I have lost 4kgs in a week because of the anxiety I am experiencing.

I have made an appointment to see the Ear Nose Throat doctor but that isn't till the 8th of September as they are fully booked. In the meantime I'm not coping and I feel as if I'm going around the bend.

Does anyone know how long before the situation settles down? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Daniiella; 08-30-2011 at 12:43 AM.