View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
(male)

manc1978 HB User
Do these symptoms seem like Muscular Dystrophy?

Hi guys, I am in desperate need of some kind of information, My father is 65 years old and the past 2 days he's been feeling achy and stiff, I have noticed that his hands shake and to be honest they have for a while but its got much worse over the past couple of days, A hour ago me and my mother heard a a bang and ran upstairs and found him on the toilet floor, You could tell his legs had gone from underneath him and I had to physically carry my own father to bed which was majorly upsetting has you can imagine, I was just wondering do these sound like symptoms of Muscular Dystrophy? I also noticed that his legs are like sticks, they are so thin which also made me think maybe his muscles over time have wasted away. I did noticed earlier tonight that he seemed to be in a world of his own aswell, He was trying to turn the TV over with the wrong remote and he seemed to be looking at the remote like it was the correct one, dunno he just seemed lost and his head was gone somewhere, I'm hoping someone who has or knows someone who has suffered similar symptoms can help, Cheers guys I appreciate the help

The following user gives a hug of support to manc1978:
Dreaman (09-06-2011)