View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB Userlisa789 HB User
Re: new labs, please help

hi there,

those MD donkeys sure don't help. It's just crazy how many I saw already.(quick calculation leads me till at least 10, I'm not even exaggerating)
donkeys, good word indeed!

How is the PTU function checked? I don't really understand the part on dialing up the ATD and dialing back the PTU (sorry my mothertongue ain't English). ATD : antithyroid drugs right? and that is PTU. so kinda get confused here.
Well the problem is, I'm not a standard Hashimoto's nor Graves. I have both, (Hashitoxicosis), so constantly switched on a clinical level. No doctor gave attention to that and they treated me like any regular hashi's, yet the thyroid meds only made me to feel worse. Finally I got them to let me try PTU, which causes me to feel much more stable. But I figure now it's getting the proper supplementation with the thyroid medication.

As far as the adrenal glands go, that's pretty much all that is tested. so I'm stuck there. Nope I would not settle for just a TSH test on thyroid level, but then again, most doctors do...

Last edited by lisa789; 09-08-2011 at 08:33 AM.