View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
(female)

bettyboop32 HB User
Worried and waiting for x ray results

I am 48 years old and have smoked for over 30 years. I have always had somewhat of a smokers cough but this July I got very ill. I was diagnosed with bronchitis and given a course of 4 different antibiotics. This was at the beginning of July. I still have this awful cough and it has had some blood tinged streaks in it, sometimes it is productive and other times it isn't. Prior to this I lost 24 pounds without any explanation as to why the weight came off. My calcium levels are high in my blood and I need to repeat the blood test in a couple of months. The doctor send me for a chest xray yesterday, the technician said it would be probably 3 days before it gets typed and sent to the doctors office but if I wanted to I could have my doctor call and get the results. I am having shortness of breath and back pain as well and smoking very little. I know I should quit but that is easier sadi than done. I called the doctors office today and they said the results were not in yet? The office is crazy busy where I go, it is more like clinic then a doctors office. Should I assume my xray is fine since I have not heard anything and stop worrying? I just cant get rid of this awful cough and it is difficult working, I am exhausted and tired and just dont feel well. The cough seems to be worse at night and I have tried cough medicine which does nothing. Please advise me on what you would do. Thank you.

The following user gives a hug of support to bettyboop32:
music47 (09-08-2011)