View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

Correctusage HB User
Re: out of control hair!

Your description sounds like I wrote it about myself haha! I've always had fine hair, but it really started to thin out when I reached my early 20s. I became ill 2 years ago with a still undiagnosed condition (involving bathroom visits ewwwww) and my hair is embarrassing!

Since becoming sickly, my hair sheds like crazy and I'm disgusted by my bathroom floor where it falls when I comb it. Since the texture changed, like yours, I had been trying to straighten it underneath or curl it all over and it just made the shedding and breakage worse. So for the past week, I have not used any heat to style it and it looks just awful. Thin, broken pieces sticking out all the way up to my scalp, wiry/wavy/weird under texture, and fine and straight on the top layer.

Oh, and did I mention that at 29 I've been progressively getting greyer and greyer since 24? I'm humiliated by my stupid ugly hair! Auuughhhhh!

So now what I do is shower at night before bed, use gentle shampoo/conditioner on it, then spray with keratin after shower, comb gently with wide toothed comb, twist it gently into a bun at the nape of my neck, and sleep on it. Sleeping on my wet hair helps to smooth down the sticking out parts, and having it in the gentle bun makes the ends of my hair a bit wavy and uniform. Then in the morning I use volumizing powder or hairspray at the roots to add some oomph and I leave it at that. No heat, minimal styling, and I'm not too ashamed to go to the grocery store.

I have extreme hair envy and when I see that EVERYONE else in society has thick, lush, gorgeous hair I get so self conscious and jealous. And yes, I've been using extra strength hair supplements for months with no huge improvement. Woe is me.