View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: i am in need of help and support!

I have been a binge eater for over 35 years, since I was 13. I'll tell you the secret:
I stopped giving myself excuses for eating whatever and whenever I liked. I blamed my father for a LOOOOONG time because he was very verbal about my weight and I really hated him for that. I ate just to spite him sometimes. Like you, I had others in my life who loved me for who I was, yet the thing is, Alex, don't you want to look and feel your best for your girlfriend? If you are unhappy with yourself, you can be sure that the feeling rubs off on how you act in the world, and around your girlfriend.
You don't have to be "perfect" to lose some weight if that's what you want to do. If you
get fast food every day, cut it down to five days per week, for the first week. Take long walks with your girlfriend. Stop telling yourself that you can't control yourself. You can.
This is your life, my friend. You have my word that as you gain control of the lies you tell yourself about how weak you are and how much you need those goodies, you will naturally make wiser choices and start losing weight. I wish you the very best. I know it's not easy but it IS doable.

Sue