View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #45
(female)

MistyLea HB User
Re: Trigeminal neuralgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by patti678 View Post
Hi :
I have had Trigeminal neuralgia for 21 years. I was assaulted in 1988 when I was 28 and woke up with a stabbing pain in my left ear that feels like an ice pick is being thrusted in my left ear. The pain is constant and horrible in nature. I have been on every drug for the condition with little or no effect. I am currently on Ms Contin and MSIR, which helps a little bit. For your sake I hope that this is not what is wrong with you. gOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CONDITION

pATTI

Hello Patti,

I realize this is an old post, but I wanted to make a suggestion to you. Another disease that resembles your symptom (severe ear pain) is called Ernest Syndrome/Eagles Syndrome. Please look this up and get checked out for it. The issue with all of these facial pain dysfuctions is that they carry similar symptoms but have different root causes, some can be cured or atleast better managed. I urge you to check this out. The main symptom of patients with this disease is chronic, severe ear pain. Good luck to you and I hope this message finds you well.

MistyLea