View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ShoreBette HB UserShoreBette HB User
Healthy stuff that you add to Neti Pot?

Hi there, I am new to this board, I have visited the allergy board in the past and recently...

I have some comments and a question...

First, I see there are a lot of post nasal drippers on here...and this is what I have learned after 3 yrs of my own problems....I started having problems with nasal being almost always stuffed, and was told it was allergy generated...I wasn't sure if I bought it..so I did not take meds like I was told..and the shots also put me off...

But what I learned is that I have a mold problem in an area of my house, and was not wise to it till recently...and I have learned by talking to others that post nasal drip that is clear is almost always a hidden mold issue....if you can't see it or smell it....it's hidden...

I am all for alternative medicine...as I am not a fan of prescriptions of any kind, but have had to rely on them based on ignorance of the alternative...

The main thing is finding out if your home does contain more mold spores than is healthy...and to do that, it may take either hiring a company to do this or simply going out and buying a mold test kit from Home Depot and sending it to the lab for testing ....a $50 investment....give or take a few bucks...

This stuff can also lurk in the AC, as it is most definitely in mine....keeping a clean home has no bearing on whether mold will grow due to a leak or in my case, poor new home construction and not well thought out shower placement.....

I also recommend allergy testing...you can deny taking the shots, but at least know what your body is telling you....that is the only way you can find out...it's painless and insurance companies are sure to cover it....

Now my question: Since my ongoing sinus problems may be due or most likely due to the hidden but now found mold....it could possibly be fungal originated as many sinus problems are that won't go away....is there a reliable additive to put with the sinus rinses? I heard that tea tree oil helps with fungal problems..and can be added to the rinse....

I don't understand all the sulphur and other talk and the herbs that I have taken in the past do not agree with me...