View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
(male)

TomM1956728 HB User
Re: Stage 4 End of Life Issues

Hello,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Sorry, for being so late in thanking you for your help. I’m struggling with all sorts of serious health problems myself. I’m also desperately trying to hold on to my job. And since my mother lives with me and I’m trying to take care of her, I often have very little energy left. But, again, thank you so much for your time and help.

My mother is still doing chemo every 3 weeks but it is getting harder, much harder for her to do chemo. Since Stage 4 cancer is not curable, and as she will eventually have to stop chemo, I am very worried and nervous about the future.

Thanks for the information about Hospice care. It’s good to know that they can help with pain and that people do not necessarily have to experience pain when they are near the end. Sad to say, I have no friends or relatives to turn to, and no knowledge about these issues so all this information is very new and helpful. It’s great to know that Hospices are providing such a valuable and important service. Thank God they are there to help!

I’m sorry your husband has passed away. But I’m glad that he passed away in a comfortable environment at home with you and your dogs present. I’m hoping that my mother may also pass away peacefully.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. I greatly appreciate your kind help!

Tom