Thread: What to do???
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
(male)

ricardo33 HB User
Re: What to do???

boy, infections have had their way with you. i also had lap band but didn't have infections although the band is making me sick and is coming out next week. prior to the band surgery i had complex spine surgery with rods and screws holding me together. i was in hospital for months and got those dreaded infections. subsequently i was on a course of antibiotics that changed over the nine months i was treated. for the first six months i had an iv attached to me with a pump pac to dose me. also pills that continued and different types to make sure they put the infection down.
infection can be serious if not treated agressively. if it were me i would get to the biggest and best teaching hospital i could find. easy for me to say, i live in boston, a mecca for medicine. i don't know how far you are from st.paul mn. but if it's within a days distance i would go there. your surgeons office won't tell you to get another opinion, they might not want anyone else to know what has occurred. going far away from the original doctor to a major teaching hospital will get you some comprehensive care and a handle on why you have recurrent infections. mayo clinic maybe. i worry about infections they can lie dormant and reoccur with the right conditions.
do not settle for the answers until you can be happy with them and verified with the diagnosis.