View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
(female)

sbdhillon HB User
Recurring staph infection on armpit

I had staph on my armpit about 2.5 months ago for the first time in my life. I waited too long, so I ended up having to get surgery to drain out the puss. During the first staph, I was talking Bactrim ( trimethoprim and sulfa antibiotics). About an month later, I got another staph infection about 2 inches away from the previous one on my armpit again. I started to take Bactrim again but had an allergic reaction apparently to penicillin. So I was prescribed another antibiotic- Doxycycline Hyclate. I took them twice a day for 5 days and the staph definitely sized down a lot. There is still a bump there that contains puss. Will it go down on it's own? And now, about 2-3 weeks later I got another one. This time it's exactly where the surgical cut was from the surgery that I had gotten the first time I had staph/the same place as the first staph. The cut had closed up but out of nowhere, the staph is back. The first time I had staph, it INCREDIBLY hurt and the side effects from Bactrim definitely didn't make it any better. The second time, it didn't hurt at all. But now, this staph infection its hurting like crazy again. I've only had it for a 2 days and the last time I had gone to see my surgeon [the 2nd time I had it] he told me that I need to see my dermatologist because it might be a skin problem that I don't remember the name of and he barely could even pronounce because it was so complicated. Do you think it's that skin problem or is it just the fact that the staph infection isn't dying? I take a shower twice a day because I workout every day so it's now like I don't stay clean. It's like my immune system is slowing down because 3 staphs and a cold in such a small span of time is crazy! Please help!