View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

sinnamonspice1 HB User
Exclamation Final Determination Stage..what is that?

confused: Hello All...I have worked over 20+ yrs and only 39yrs old. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar/GAD/Anxiety/Severe Depression since 1999. I last worked a full time job in 2009 and a little part time (3 months in 2010) I completed an application for disability in June 2011. I turned in ALL of my medical records for over 6-7 yrs..ALL of them. I received a phone call from my local SSA rep (10-2010) because he needed some more info. He asked me questions about income (I have none), assets, who I reside with, do I own a car, have I worked since I applied, etc. He went on to confirm my direct deposit info and address. After I answered all of his questions, he told me IF I WAS APPROVED that I would qualify for SSI until my SSDI kicked in. He said that my case was in the FINAL DETERMINATION and most cases dont make it THAT far. He said my case looks good and it could be approved or denied today or in two months...he said be patient.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP? PLEASE ANY HELP....IS THIS FAVORABLE OR IS HE HYPING ME UP FOR THE DISSAPOINTMENT:confused

Last edited by mod85; 10-07-2011 at 06:37 PM.